After a year filled with isolation, we’re all craving connection. But even though most us of know why relationships matter, figuring out how to form them and maintain them can feel awkward and overwhelming. That’s why season five of the You’ve Heard It Said podcast is all about relationships.
Our hope is that this season inspires you to reconnect with others in meaningful ways and that it challenges you to form diverse, multigenerational friendships that will support you through the highs and lows of life.
But these relationships aren’t just for our own benefit. Hebrews 10:24 challenges us that we should think of ways to encourage and motivate one another toward love and good deeds.
When we come together through relationships, we can unleash positive change in the world around us. And the potential of what we—the Body of Christ—can accomplish is infinitely more than we could ask or imagine.
God is a relational God, and He designed us to need other people.
So, we need relationships. God is a relational God, and He designed us to need other people.
That’s why this season, we’re finding powerful stories of relationships that made all the difference in people’s lives. We’ll discover:
- How to practically make friends as adults
- Why mentors matter and how to find them
- The value of intergenerational relationships
- Why setting boundaries in friendships actually leads to freedom
- How to navigate family relationships
- The importance of serving others through our relationships
You’re going to want to hear all of these stories, but remember, we don’t want you to listen to the podcast unless you’re talking with others about what you hear. Allow these episodes to fuel your conversations with your LifeGroup and dig into what God is teaching you through them.
As always, we’re here to help, so we’ve created Conversation Guides to go along with every episode. To make it even easier for you, you can get them sent straight to your inbox every time we release a new episode by subscribing at: www.life.church/yhis
Here’s how to use these resources in your LifeGroup:
- Read this article to get the why behind the podcast.
- Ask your LifeGroup to listen to each episode before meeting up together.
- Use the Conversation Guide to talk about what you’ve heard. (P.S: Every guide comes with some next steps. Challenge one another to take one of those, too!)
This season will start releasing on Monday, June 21, so mark your calendars and get excited! Also, if you’re new to the podcast, feel free to jump back to some of the earlier episodes. Every episode can stand alone, so feel free to pick and choose which topics appeal most to your LifeGroup.
Ready to go ahead and download the Conversation Guides? We got you. Find them at the links below, or subscribe at: www.life.church/yhis
- Episode 30: We Conducted a Friendship Experiment
- Episode 31: Wondering How to Find a Mentor? This Can Help
- Episode 32: Pastor Joakim Lundqvist on the Value of Intergenerational Relationships
- Episode 33: How to Set Boundaries, Have Difficult Conversations, and Stay Friends
- Episode 34: Dealing With Family Drama and Unmet Expectations? This Is for You
- Episode 35: The Purpose of Relationships
- Episode 36: When Crisis Strikes
Thanks for leading your LifeGroup so strong. Your investment in these relationships will have a huge impact!