Now more than ever, we’re realizing how much we need one another. But how do we fight for those relationships? We’re finding out in this year’s Sisters 2021 message from Pastor Amy Groeschel, and you and your LifeGroup won’t want to miss it.
Ultimately, we know that loving God and loving others are the two most important things we can focus on, but it’s so easy to allow the busyness of life to crowd out what matters most. That’s why Pastor Amy is challenging us to fight for relationships, develop humility, and Love Like Jesus.
We’re back to hosting in-person events at many of our Life.Church locations, and we’ll also host a Sisters Event at Life.Church Online. You and your LifeGroup can find dates, times, and more details at the link below. Make sure you plan to attend in person or online together, and invite all the women you know. Then, keep reading for some content you can go through as a LifeGroup.
Content for Your Sisters LifeGroup
Pastor Amy’s heart for Sisters is that her message would be the start of a conversation—not the end. So after you and your LifeGroup attend the event, we’ve got you covered with plenty of resources to help you dig into the topics and learn more together. Below are some options—curated by Pastor Amy—to help your LifeGroup really start applying what you’re hearing.
Did you know you can do Bible Plans together as a LifeGroup? Using the Plans With Friends feature, it’s easier than ever before. Check out this article for some tips on how to leverage the Bible App, and here are some Plan suggestions to help your LifeGroup get talking throughout the week.
- Growing in Love: Pastor Amy wrote a 5-day Bible Plan to accompany her Sisters message, and you and your LifeGroup will walk away feeling challenged to depend on God, develop humility, and love others better as a result.
- Relationship Advice: Most of us know why relationships matter, but how to form them can be the tricky part. In this 7-day Bible Plan from the You’ve Heard It Said podcast, you’ll discover how to set boundaries and how to navigate some of life’s most common relationship questions.
- Philippians: Explained: Pastor Amy’s message was inspired largely by Philippians 2, but there’s so much more to it than what can be shared in a 20-minute sermon. And that’s why you and your LifeGroup can dig deeper into the book of Philippians together with this 5-day Bible Plan.
- Humility: It’s Not What You Think: One of the core themes of this year’s Sisters event is developing humility. But what is it—really? Find out together in this 7-day Bible Plan from Rachel Cruze.
- The Search for an Unoffendable Heart: We can’t have unity without humility, and in this 7-day Bible Plan, we’ll discover how to humble ourselves and choose an unoffendable heart.
Did you know that we create a podcast for LifeGroups called You’ve Heard It Said? Learn more about how to use it in your LifeGroup here. With 40 episodes and more coming soon, there’s something for every type of LifeGroup, and Sisters is no different. Check out these episode recommendations from Pastor Amy.
- Pastor Amy’s bonus episode: In a special episode of You’ve Heard It Said, Pastor Amy is sharing the heart behind her Sisters event, what God is teaching her in this season, and how we can fight for unity by loving those we disagree with. Listen to the episode before meeting up together, download the Conversation Guide, then talk it over at LifeGroup.
- Pastor Amy and Cheryl’s extended content: At the Sisters Event, Pastor Amy interviews her mentor of 22 years, Cheryl. After hearing it, your LifeGroup is going to want more, which is why we had both of them on the podcast to extend their conversation. Listen to their wisdom about being present with God and others, then use the Conversation Guide to talk about it when you meet up for LifeGroup.
- Season 5 of the You’ve Heard It Said podcast: The heart of this year’s Sisters event is all about relationships. But relationships can sometimes be complicated. How do we form them? How do we set boundaries? Find out the answer to those questions and more on season 5 of the podcast. Make sure you never miss an episode by subscribing at www.life.church/yhis
- The Messy Table: Sisters partners with Jenn Jewell to create The Messy Table podcast—stories about imperfect women and the God who is at work in their mess. You and your LifeGroup will love getting to hear real stories from women of all seasons of life as they share their struggles, heartbreaks, and wisdom about what God is teaching them through some of their toughest moments. Wondering how to get started? We have a 4-week curated plan to help! Find it here.
More Videos and Studies
- Amy Groeschel’s Sisters Bible studies, The Pursuit, The Hope, and The Call: This three-part series will inspire, encourage, and challenge you. Plus, it comes complete with digital leader guides and digital participation guides for your whole group. Each study is four weeks, giving your group plenty to discuss. Find these resources at www.life.church/sisters
- Watch more Sisters content and find other LifeGroup series at www.life.church/groups
- We have tons of great articles for your LifeGroup to talk about together. Simply visit finds.life.church and search “Sisters” for the most recent articles. Plus, here are a few we recommend based on this year’s topic and theme:
Watch Party Tips
If you and your LifeGroup will attend the Sisters Event at Life.Church Online, consider having a group text thread going while you watch. Then, once you get to the discussion questions at the end, consider FaceTiming or calling one another so that you can talk about what you heard.
Also, if you and your LifeGroup are comfortable with it, consider having a watch party together as a LifeGroup! You could watch the Event together, then discuss. Want some more tips for hosting? Check out this article.
5 Sisters LifeGroup Tips
- Invite your LifeGroup to attend the 2021 Sisters Event together. Find times and dates at www.life.church/sisters
- Be vulnerable. Fight the temptation to have surface-level conversation and really share about what’s going on in your life. Talk about what parts of the message convicted you, and share ways in which you all can support and encourage one another in this season.
- Having unity doesn’t mean we agree on everything. In fact, it’s likely that your LifeGroup is filled with people who have a variety of opinions on all sorts of topics. That’s okay! In fact, that’s a great thing. We can celebrate our differences and stay unified on the things that matter most. If a topic comes up that you’re not sure how to address together, stay calm. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you and lead you, and check out this post for some tips on how to navigate it together as a group.
- Serve together! One of the best ways to build the relationships in your LifeGroup is by serving somewhere together. You might find a place where you can all serve on the weekend at church, or you can learn more about volunteering with a Local Mission Partner together.
- Pray for one another. Unsure how to pray as a LifeGroup? Check out this video for some tips. Prayer is such an important part of meeting together, so make sure you go before God together to lift up one another’s burdens and thank God for one another’s celebrations.