Parenting in general can be a feat of endurance and a test of patience. Factor in a pandemic and seasons of isolation, and it’s no wonder we’re all craving connection. From kids crashing our Zoom meetings to navigating ever-changing routines to being trapped with tiny humans who require approximately 500 snacks a day—it’s natural to feel emotionally exhausted, overwhelmed, or drained.
The good news is—you’re not alone!
Remember the saying that goes, “It takes a village to raise a child”? There’s truth to that—we’re not called to parent alone. In fact, we can’t. God intends for us to do life together. Not only will He be walking alongside you every step of the way, but He has also intentionally placed people in your life who can help you lead your kids.
These are the people who will show up for birthday parties, soccer games, dance recitals, graduations, and weddings. They’re also the ones that show up with soup for fevers, Band-Aids for scrapes, and tissues for tears.
They are the ones who will be there for you as a parent on your best and your worst days. And they will join you in being an example of Jesus’ love in the lives of your children.
That’s why the first series of our Life.Church Parent Podcast is all about essential community. Our hope is that this series inspires you to reconnect with others in meaningful ways while challenging you to form diverse, multigenerational friendships that will support you through the highs and lows of your parenting journey.
Here’s how to use these resources in your LifeGroup:
- Read this article to get the why behind the podcast.
- Choose an episode, then ask your LifeGroup to listen to it before meeting up together.
- Use the corresponding Discussion Guide to talk about what you’ve heard.
P.S: Every guide comes with some next steps—challenge one another to take one of those, too!
Thanks for leading your LifeGroup strong. Your investment in these relationships will have a huge impact on your families and generations to come!
If you’re not sure where to start, here’s a recommended series of episodes to get your LifeGroup discussion started. Also, if you’re not sure how to have a good LifeGroup with a million kids—here are a few ideas.
- Does It Really Matter Who My Kid’s Friends Are? It’s our job to model healthy community for our kids.
- Can We See the Big Picture? Your health, and the health of your marriage, matters more than you realize.
- How to Avoid Superstar Syndrome: You Don’t Have to Do This Alone—and You Shouldn’t
- Don’t Squeeze the Lizard: Trust Can Start Now