As your group approaches the summer months, you’ll want to have a plan. You’ve worked hard to get to the point where you’re beginning to form some great relationships. They’ll continue to grow—as long as you stay connected! So, let’s talk about some Summer ideas for LifeGroups.
The summer months can be a challenging time for LifeGroups. Vacations, camps for the kids, and family reunions can make it hard to fit your LifeGroup into the calendar! In fact, is it even possible? The answer is, “Yes, if you plan ahead.”
So, how can you keep your group growing together over the summer? Here are seven tips many groups have found helpful at Life.Church.
- Pull out a calendar. Compare vacation plans! It will be fun, and you may find several good meeting dates right in front of you!
- Change up your gatherings. Think about meeting once for study and once for fellowship. Think parks, baseball games, barbecues, and pools.
- Bring groups together. LifeGroups may be lean with lots of people traveling, so pull a few together for a picnic. This is also a great opportunity to invite neighbors and friends to your group!
- Plan a block party. Remember How to Neighbor? Ask your group to help you put on block parties this summer.
- Plan a movie in the park, and take the whole family. All the families! Or have the movie night at home. At the Movies is the perfect series for this.
- Serve with a local mission partner. Finding a way to play a part in serving in the community is a great way to stay connected!
- Attend and serve together. Pick a time that works for most of your group to serve and attend together. Then, go eat together too.