What really brings kids and their families back week after week? They know that kids are going to have fun, be safe, and see a special leader they’ve connected with! Consistency impacts kids by building trusted relationships with them that show and teach them the love of God.
So—how do you build consistency? It’s a little more than showing up each week. Watch this video and read the tips below to see what you can do to build consistency that matters.
Here are some starting points to being a consistent small group leader.
Be consistent in your relationship with God.
Let God fill you up so you can find joy in leading and say goodbye to burnout—and so that you can lead kids to be planted at Life.Church because you’re planted at Life.Church!
- Read God’s Word consistently.
- Worship and attend church consistently.
- Regularly attend a LifeGroup that turns you to God consistently.
Be consistent in serving.
- Show up every week. Put it in your calendar, set a reminder, or try another strategy to turn serving into a routine.
- Give your best every week. Don’t just show up—consistently come with an attitude that you’re available, you’re ready to build kids and other leaders up, and you’re ready to seek God for wisdom on how to lead His children best. If you’re having an off week, month, or season where you struggle to give your best, reach out to your LifeKids team for prayer and support so you can keep serving kids consistently.
Encourage kids and families to be consistent, too!
Consistency doesn’t just fall on us as leaders. Consistent attendance of families matters just as much for building relationships and discipling kids!
- Let parents know you’re committed to being at the same service, every week, so they can bring their kid back to your small group each week.
- Share stories of what kids are doing and learning with parents each week.
- Write post cards to kids in your small group that say you’ll see them next week. Write cards to kids who didn’t show up, too!
- Talk about Challenge Cards and the opportunity kids have to build up points at the Konnect window when they consistently bring them back.
Talk through these discussion questions with your fellow leaders and LifeKids team to see what you can do to improve your consistency and the consistency of attendance amongst kids and families.
- What do you think really matters about consistency as a small group leader?
- Which of the areas mentioned above are you great at doing consistently?
- Which area of consistency do you struggle with? Ask someone to hold you accountable so you can grow!
- How do you think your consistency impacts the consistency of kids and families?