If you’ve ever attended a huddle, you’ve probably heard that excellence honors God and inspires people. And it does! But how do you move from knowing that to showing excellence? Watch this video and read below for tips on how to do just that!
Know what excellence means—it’s bringing your best when you serve! Here are some different ways you can do that.
Keep up excellent environments.
- If you see something that needs to be done, do it. If you think, “Someone should take care of that,” be that someone and take care of it!
- Keep things clean. If there’s a mess, pick it up. If a kid puked or had an accident, talk to an experience coach right away to get them dressed in fresh clothing and cleaned up appropriately. If something just looks gross in general (like a wet countertop in a bathroom, trash around a trashcan, or smears on windows) clean it up or talk to someone who can.
- Be aware of smells. If it stinks, kids, parents, and everyone else notices. Do what you can to make sure that your room and the LifeKids hallway smells inviting. Reach out for help if you need to.
- Make sure people have what they need. Parents need a pen to sign in, and they need the right sign-in sheet on top. Kids need access to all the toys, and rooms need background music between services to set the tone. Make sure all of those needs, as well as any others you see, are covered—every time!
Keep up with excellent interactions.
- Wear your LifeKids shirt. Parents will recognize you as a leader and know they can trust you right away.
- Be considerate. Get to your room as quickly as possible. It’s so fun to talk with other LifeKids leaders in the hallway, but remember, there are kids waiting in your room ready to see you, and other leaders who need to attend service.
- Greet quickly. If parents make it all the way through drop off without being greeted, they might think their kid can slip through the cracks, too, without getting noticed. Let every parent and family know that they matter, they’re seen, and you’re happy they’re there, so they know their kid matters, too!
Prepare yourself for an excellent experience.
- Attend www.leaders.life.church each week. Find out ahead of time which activities you’re leading through, what tips you can brush up on, and to find stories of how your service impacts kids and their families.
- Attend huddle. Huddle is an important place to get the information you need and to hear stories about the impact LifeKids is having. Be there to be covered in prayer and feel more connected.
Talk through these discussion questions with your fellow leaders and LifeKids team to see what you can do to uniquely improve excellence where you serve.
- What does it mean to you to serve with excellence?
- How do you already bring your best when you serve?
- Where do you struggle to bring excellence? Get some advice from your LifeKids team on how to overcome challenges.
- What tips do you have for bringing excellence to LifeKids?