Deep Clean for Your LifeGroup
Sometimes life can leave us feeling like a mess. The kind of mess that’s just too complicated to figure out. But it’s possible to start fresh. To experience life in a new way. Learn how in our new message series, Deep Clean.
Get everything you need to prepare for your LifeGroup during this special message series running April 2–May 2.
Talk It Over
The weekly Talk It Over guide has everything you need to lead your LifeGroup through a Christ-centered conversation about the most recent message. You can find it in the Life.Church App and at www.life.church/talkitover. Or, maybe you just want to get it in your inbox weekly.
Deep Clean Bible Plan
Are you ready to release the emotional baggage that holds you back and weighs you down? Then check out the Deep Clean Bible Plan. Just choose the “Plans With Friends” feature and invite your LifeGroup to read the Plan together.
Additional Notes About Deep Clean
During this series, Pastor Craig will cover some heavy topics like overcoming shame, quitting porn addictions, releasing bitterness, facing fear, and purging pride.
It’s going to be a really healing series, so be praying for God to give you and your LifeGroup open hearts to receive what the Holy Spirit may be saying to you. Also, ask God for wisdom on how to create a safe space for your LifeGroup to share what they’re learning throughout this series.
You’re not in this alone. We’ve created some additional resources to help you lead through this series strong, starting with the Deep Clean Quiz—a resource to identify one area of growth during the series.
Encourage everyone in your LifeGroup to go through the quiz, choose one area they’d like to seek help with, and talk about it together. Find everything you need, including helpful articles and next steps, at www.life.church/mydeepclean
During week two, Pastor Craig will talk about overcoming pornography addictions. We’ve created some resources to help you lead through those conversations, too. Find everything you need at www.life.church/howtoquit
Here are a few tips if someone in your LifeGroup confesses a pornography addiction to you.
- Lead with grace, empathy, and love. If someone shares this with you, they have decided to trust you with something very painful. Remember that, and extend love and grace in the process. If you’re not sure how to start, here’s a response you can modify as needed:
- Thank you so much for trusting me enough to share what you’re struggling with. It couldn’t have been easy for you to open up, but I’m so glad you’re bringing it out into the light. I love you, and I am here to support you through this. Telling me is a really brave step, and I’m proud of you for that. What do you think your next step might be?
- Don’t freak out. If they’re confessing to you, they already know it’s wrong, so don’t jump in with more reasons. Instead, try asking questions, offering support, and praying for and with them.
- You don’t have to have all the right answers. Take the pressure off yourself. This may be the first time they’ve told someone else, so give them space to share however much they’re comfortable with. At the same time, you are not their counselor, and you are not responsible for fixing the problem. You can always offer to connect them with helpful resources or other people who can help, like your Community Leader, LGLM Pastor, or trusted counselors.
- Follow up. When someone shares something heavy with us, we can sometimes have two tendencies—we bring it up too often afterward, or we never bring it up again. Neither is helpful. So, think about your follow-up strategy. After you ask them about their next step, decide how frequently you’ll check in to pray for them, ask how they are doing, and see how their next step went. Also, be sure to honor them in the way you follow up. If they told you in private, bring it up again privately.
Deep Clean LifeGroup Tips
- How can you and your LifeGroup do something special for Easter this year? Talk to your group about how you’d like to celebrate together. Looking for ideas? Consider taking communion together or starting an Easter Bible Plan.
- As more people receive COVID-19 vaccinations, LifeGroups will have more options for how they meet. Talk to your group about where and how they’d feel comfortable meeting in the coming weeks and months.
- Guess what? The You’ve Heard It Said podcast returns for season 4 starting Monday, April 12. This season will feature incredible stories from people whose lives were radically transformed after hearing one of Pastor Craig’s messages, and trust us, you’ll want to hear and talk about each one. Find out more about the podcast here, and go ahead and subscribe to be notified when new episodes release: www.life.church/yhis
- Here’s a great question to think about and then share with your group: How would your life look different if you had no shame, clutter, uncertainty, or fear?
- Be encouraged. What you do as a LifeGroup Leader each week is at the heart of how people grow spiritually at Life.Church. Thank you!