Welcome, LifeGroup Leader! 🎉
Thank you for stepping up to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ! We’re so glad you’re part of the team. Life.Church Online is all about community. As a LifeGroup Leader, you’ll help give people a place to belong, be real, and grow in their faith. This guide will give you all the info you need to start impacting lives all over the world. 🙌🌍 Let’s get started!
Who is Life.Church? ⛪️
Whether you’ve attended with us for years or are just now learning about us, we’re so grateful that you’re part of our Life.Church family. We believe that a church isn’t a building—it’s the people. We meet in multiple locations around the United States and globally online with a desire to make a lasting difference in your life, in our community, and in the world.
Life.Church’s Senior Pastor is Craig Groeschel, who started the church in 1996 with a handful of people after God gave him a vision for a different kind of church. He and his wife, Amy, live in the Edmond, Oklahoma area and have six children, one grandson, and another grandchild on the way. 👶🏼
What is Church Online? 🤔
In addition to meeting in physical church locations, Life.Church also meets globally online. Life.Church Online was launched in 2006 out of our core value to do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Christ.
Today, we host over 80 weekly online church services at live.life.church, on Facebook Live, and on YouTube Live, and on Twitch, reaching an audience of over 300,000 people representing every country in the world. Each service features vibrant worship, an engaging message, live community, and a team of volunteers ready to welcome, interact, and pray with you.
Here are just a few amazing stats about Life.Church Online:
- In 2018, over 12 million people attended one of our online services.
- Of those, over 15,000 gave their lives to Christ! 🎉🎉
- We have over 600 volunteers serving from more than 50 countries—and you’re now one of them!
What are LifeGroups? 👥
There are 168 hours each week, and most people attend church for just one of them. The other 167 hours matter, so our desire is to see people build deeper community and strengthen their faith through LifeGroups. LifeGroups are the people you laugh, serve, and grow with—either online or in person.
Life.Church Online has three types of LifeGroups:
- ✝️ Service-Based: Many Life.Church Online guests attend the same service each week. A service-based LifeGroup is a great way to invite those who attend your service to stay connected throughout the week.
- 📸 Interest-Based: With topics like photography, parenting, and sci-fi movies, interest-based LifeGroups provide a starting point for conversations about our faith.
- 📍Location-Based: In addition to connecting online, Life.Church Online guests also love to connect in person. Location-based LifeGroups help you find people in your area and coordinate local meet-ups.
How do I get started? 😄
Ready to launch your group? Here are four steps to get started:
- Pick a tool: First, identify which online tool will work best for you and your group. We recommend Facebook, Talky, WhatsApp, and WeChat, but if you’d like to use another tool, that’s great too!
- Invite your friends: We’ll list your email address and group information on onlinelifegroups.life.church, but the growth of your group is up to you. Invite your friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers to check it out.
- Connect with your group: Attend Life.Church Online each week and invite your LifeGroup to attend with you. After the service, you can use the Talk it Over notes to discuss the message together or go through one of our LifeGroup studies.
- Check in with us: You’re not in this on your own! You’ll be assigned a Community Leader to help you succeed as a LifeGroup Leader. They’ll celebrate with you and guide you through any challenging situations that come up in your group. To help your Community Leader know how to best support you, please submit a check-in form each month.
Grow as a leader 📈
One last thing: Strong LifeGroup leadership starts with strong self-awareness. Learn more about who God created you to be and how you can leverage the gifts He gave you by checking out these personal development tools and assessments.
Thanks for completing the LifeGroup Leader training! Please let us know you’ve completed this training by clicking the button below. We can’t wait to see how God uses you and your group to impact people around the world!