Chasing Carrots for Your LifeGroup
What really makes for a happy life? A dream job, a bigger house, or a new relationship? If you’re always hungry for the next big thing, but frustrated because it never seems to satisfy, you might be Chasing Carrots. It’s time to hop off the treadmill and chase after something real.
Get everything you need to prepare for LifeGroup during this special message running April 27—May 27.
Talk It Over
There are things we chase that we can never get enough of. You know that, we know that, but how do we talk about it in our groups in a way that we really get to the bottom of it? The Talk It Over guide will help your LifeGroup find all the key points, Scriptures, and inspiring challenges from each message. You can find it in the Life.Church App and at www.life.church/talkitover. Or, maybe you just want to get it in your inbox weekly.
Chasing Carrots Bible Plan
If chasing approval, perfection, achievement, and comfort can consume our days, what would happen if we started each day in Scripture? Challenge your group to start their days with the Chasing Carrots Bible Plan. If you want it to be really amazing, choose the “plans with friends” feature and invite your group to read the plan together.
Chasing Carrots LifeGroup Tips
- Take communion together. This symbolic act is a great way to remind ourselves what really matters in life. Here’s a guide.
- Spiritual disciplines like prayer, fasting, silence, Sabbath, and solitude are very helpful for centering your life on Jesus and not on culture or ourselves. Ask your group which spiritual disciplines they’d like to grow into.
- How comfortable do you feel praying together as a group? Here’s a video of what it could look like to pray together as a group.
- As a leader, start praying and asking God to show you if there is anything you’re chasing more than Him. Share openly with your group about what God shows you.
- Search finds.life.church for helpful articles to share with your group about topics like contentment, identity, trusting God, and rest.