Blind Bartimaeus for Your LifeGroup
In the story of blind Bartimaeus (Mark 10:46-52), Jesus asked the blind man, “What do you want Me to do for you?” Bartimaeus responded that he just wanted to see. What would you ask God for if He asked you that same question? What do you need from Him? Bartimaeus had the faith to ask and received his sight. Let’s see what we can learn from Blind Bartimaeus.
Get everything you need to prepare for LifeGroup during this new message running January 26–28.
Talk It Over
The weekly Talk It Over guide is basically everything you need to lead your next LifeGroup through a Christ-centered conversation about the most recent message. You can find it in the Life.Church App and at www.life.church/talkitover. Or, maybe you just want to get it in your inbox weekly.
Read a Bible Plan Together
If you haven’t tried the Plans with Friends feature in the YouVersion Bible App yet, this is the week to start. Just find a great Bible Plan, choose the “With Friends” option, and then invite everyone in your LifeGroup to read along and comment each day.
5 Blind Bartimaeus LifeGroup Ideas
- Ask your group, “When is the last time you asked God for something so faith-filled it scared you? What happened?”
- Text your group and ask them to read Mark 10:46-52 before you meet. Ask everyone to come with one specific thing they’re learning from the story.
- Try some of these ideas for adding new people to your LifeGroup.
- Send this post about praying with faith to your group sometime during the week.
- Ask everyone in your group to write down the one thing they’re asking God for on a notecard. Ask everyone to exchange cards and begin praying for each other throughout the week.